Help and Frequently Asked Questions
Buying and redeeming an e-gift card
- How can I buy an e-gift card?
- Just visit www.tescogiftcards.com and follow the simple steps online — e-gift cards are only available to buy online.
- What values do e-gift cards come in?
- For Tesco e-Gift Cards you can choose any value between £5 and £150. For Third-Party* e-gift cards, each brand provider has a different minimum load value. The maximum load value on Third-Party e-gift cards sold on tescogiftcards.com will be no more than £100. You can see what values are available for Third-Party* brands sold on tescogiftcards.com when you click to view a product.
- Will I receive Clubcard points for purchasing an e-gift card from Tesco?
- No, Clubcard points aren’t available on e-gift card purchases.
- How will my e-gift card be delivered?
- When buying an e-gift card online, we’ll ask you for the email address of the person it’s for. We’ll email your e-gift card to whoever you choose, along with instructions on how to use it. If you don’t have their email address, then you can send the e-gift card to yourself to forward on later if you would prefer. We’ll also send the purchase a purchase email confirmation. For Tesco Volunteer e-Gift Cards we’ll also send you a copy via email along with your purchase confirmation to the email address associated with your Tesco.com account. If you don’t know who your volunteer shopper is yet, or don’t have their email address, then you can send the e-gift card to yourself to forward on later if you would prefer.
- How long does it take for the recipient to receive their e-gift card?
- We'll deliver the e-gift card to the email provided during the purchase journey within minutes of the purchase completing, may take up to 2 hours in some instances.
- Do I need a Tesco.com account to purchase an e-gift card?
- Yes, you’ll need an account to help keep your purchase secure. If you don’t have an account already, you can create one as you buy your e-gift card in a few simple steps.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- All major UK debit or credit cards issued by Visa or Mastercard. We do not accept American Express.
Refunds and queries about your e-gift card
- How do I check the balance remaining on my Tesco e-Gift Card?
- The remaining balance will be printed on the till receipt when you shop in a Tesco store. You can also check your balance at any time by phoning our e-gift card Balance Check Service on 0345 0757757*** or by visiting the Customer Service Desk in store.
- How do I check the balance remaining on my Third-Party* e-gift card?
- How to check your Third-Party* e-gift card balance varies per brand provider. You can find more information on the brand provider’s terms and conditions and how to use instructions which will be in the email address containing the link to your e-gift card.
- Do e-gift cards have an expiry date?
- The expiry date on e-gift cards varies depending on the card provider. You can find more information on the brand provider’s terms and conditions. To check the expiry date on a Third-Party* e-gift card, you can find information on the brand provider’s terms and conditions and how to use instructions which will be in the email address containing the link to your e-gift card. Tesco e-Gift Cards expire 5 years after the last time they were used, or a balance enquiry was made.
- What happens if there’s a problem with my Third-Party* e-gift card?
- If you’re having trouble redeeming your Third-Party e-gift card, you can find information and help from the brand provider on their terms and conditions and how to use instructions. You’ll find these on the email you received containing the link to your e-gift card.
- What happens if there’s a problem with my Tesco e-Gift Card?
- Please contact Tesco Customer Services on 0800 50 55 55**. Our Customer Service Centre is open Mon-Sat: 8am - 8pm and Sun: 9am - 6pm.
- What if I enter the wrong email address or send the e-gift card to the wrong person?
- If you have entered the wrong email address or have not received your e-gift card, please contact Tesco Customer Services on 0800 50 55 55**. For Volunteer e-Gift Cards we will email a copy to the email address associated with your Tesco.com account as well as to the email address you provided for your volunteer.
- Can I get a refund for my e-gift card?
- If you haven’t used your e-gift card, you can ask for a refund within 14 days of purchase by contacting Tesco Customer Services on 0800 50 55 55**. We can only process refunds to the person who purchased the e-gift card. Refunds will be processed within 5 – 7 working days of the request. We can’t process refunds in store or online. Unfortunately, we can’t refund partial balances if the e-gift card has already been used. For Tesco e-Gift Cards, any unused balance will remain on the e-gift card for 5 years from the last time it was used or a balance enquiry was made.
- What if I lose my e-gift card or delete the email?
- You should treat your e-gift card like cash, deleted, lost or stolen cards cannot be replaced.
- What if someone makes a copy of my e-gift card?
- Please keep your e-gift card details safe, and for the Volunteer e-Gift Cards only share them with the person doing your shopping. If you suspect that your e-gift card has been copied or stolen, get in touch with us immediately on 0800 50 55 55**.
Tesco e-Gift Card
- Can I buy Tesco e-Gift Cards in bulk?
- No, Tesco e-Gift Cards must be purchased individually. For bulk e-gift card orders please visit our Corporate Gift Card site www.tescoforbusiness.com.
- Where can I spend a Tesco e-Gift Card?
- At any Tesco store in the UK. Tesco e-Gift Cards can’t be used for online purchases or in the ROI.
- Can I use my Tesco e-Gift Card straight away?
- It can take up to two hours for your Tesco e-Gift Card to be authorised and ready to be used in store once your payment has been processed.
- How do I pay for shopping with a Tesco e-Gift Card?
- E-gift cards will be emailed to the email address entered at checkout. The email will have a link to an e-gift barcode which can be printed or presented on a phone and scanned in store to pay. For Volunteer e-Gift Cards the person who paid for the card will also receive an email with a copy of the e-gift card.
- What can I spend my Tesco e-Gift Card on?
- Anything sold at UK Tesco stores.
- Do I have to spend my Tesco e-Gift Card all at once?
- No, any leftover balance will be saved until your next shop and lasts for five years.
- Do Tesco e-Gift Cards have an Expiry Date?
- Yes, they expire 5 years after the last time they were used, or a balance enquiry was made.
- Can I collect Clubcard points on my shopping if it is being done by a volunteer?
- Yes. Your volunteer shopper should include your receipt when they drop off your shopping. Once it’s safe to do so, you can bring this to the Customer Service Desk in store along with your Clubcard and we’ll add the Clubcard points to your account.
- Can I top up the balance on my Tesco e-Gift Card?
- No, Tesco e-Gift Cards can only be loaded once.
*Where the term Third-Party e-gift card is used, this is referring to our branded e-gift cards, excluding Tesco
All contact made to and from customers via the Customer Service Centres may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
** 0800 numbers are free from BT landlines.
*** 03 numbers mean that all calls from private telephones, including mobiles, will only be charged at local rate. They will also be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.